PRC

Help us support the Pregnancy Resource Center of Santa Cruz by donating here.
Earn free Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancakes

Pancakes are one of our favorite meals for dinner.  I love making them, and the children always have to make their own Mickey Mouse pancakes, with chocolate chip eyes, nose, and mouth.  Allen likes it when I add fresh sliced banana to his with freshly grated nutmeg on top.  This recipe makes A LOT!  I like to freeze the leftovers so when the children want pancakes in the morning, I can just pop them in the toaster.

Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancakes

3 cups white whole wheat flour
1-1/2 cups cornmeal
1-1/2 cups wheat germ
3 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs baking powder
3 tsp salt
6 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
6 large eggs

*In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.


*In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, and the eggs.

*Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk  just until moistened.  Don't worry about the lumps.







*Cook on hot griddle, and serve immediately.



I love mine with peanut butter and homemade syrup.


I stack up the extras......


place in bread bags, and freeze.


Enjoy!

~Amy

*Go to Smockity Frocks for some wonderful breakfast ideas!

*This post is linked to:


Get Healthy Cheap

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by to say hello! I haven't made whole wheat pancakes in a while, but they have been on my list to do! I make them and freeze them too :)

    Hope you can stop by What's Cooking Wednesday again to link up one of your recipes :)

    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete